Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ghee(clarified Butter)

When I came to US twelve years back,I used to buy ghee from Indian grocery store because me and hubby doesn't like our chapati without ghee, my son and daughter also like ghee in dal and rice,so now I always make ghee at home with unsalted butter it is very easy to do and doesn't take much time.
 

                                          solid form

Ingredients:
  • Unsalted butter- 2 cups
Method:
Put a pan on medium heat and add the butter,when the butter is melted,lower the heat
To low and cook, stirring frequently so that it does not scorch,for 30 minutes or until
The liquid is light brown.there will be some milk solids that rise to the top as foam
And these should be skimmed off.
Keep aside to cool slightly. Strain into a clean jar and let cool completely.
Cover with an airtight lid and store in room temperature for up to 1 months.


7 comments:

Infolinks In Text Ads